- MD - Distinction in Research, College of Medicine, University of Arizona
- PhD - Cardiac Electrophysiology; PS Graduate Interdisciplinary Program, University of Arizona
- BS - Honors Health Science, Summa Cum Laude; Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona
Modulating Arrhythmogenic Reentrant Circuits with Engineered Biomaterials
I was born and raised in northern Arizona with three younger brothers. My hobbies include basketball, guitar, and reading. I wish I could travel to see more of the world, I am driven to explore the mysteries of our universe, and consider the gym my second home. Volunteering my time and energy is a great privilege, and I hope to use my life to improve the lives of those with cardiovascular disease.
- American College of Cardiology Internal Medicine-Cardiology Program
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- The Newsom and Mildred Holesapple Endowment for Outstanding Medical Student Research
- Biosense Webster Scholarship for Medical Students
- Visiting Medical Student - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Visiting Medical Student - University of Connecticut
- Visiting Medical Student - Rutgers University/RWJ-Barnabas Health
- Visiting Medical Student - Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Invitee: Graduate College Research Showcase
- Medical Continuity Committee - Chair
- First Place Presentation: Arizona Physiological Society
- Invited Presentation: Sarver Heart Center Grand Rounds
- Richard A Williams Scholarship for Medical Students
- First Place Presentation: Graduate Medical Education
- Best Research Project by an Honors Student
- Honors College Pillar of Excellence Award
- Honors College Alumni Legacy Grant
- BioAccel Business Incubator: Solutions Challenge Winner
- InnovateUA: Pitchfest Winner
Mentoring the Next Generation of Award-winning Physician Scientists. Katie Maass. Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona. Link.
Morris CC, Ref J, Acharya S, Johnson KJ, Squired S, Acharya T, Dennis T, Daugherty S , McArthur A, Chinyere IR, Koevary JW, Hare JM, Lancaster JJ, Goldman S, Avery R. (2022) Free-Breathing Gradient Recalled Echo-based CMR in a Swine Heart Failure Model. Scientific Reports. 12: 3698. Link.
Chinyere IR, Balakrishnan M, Hutchinson MD. (2022) The Emerging Role of Cardiac Contractility Modulation in Heart Failure Treatment. Current Opinion in Cardiology. 2022, 37(1):30-35. Link.
Chinyere IR, Bradley P, Uhlorn J, Eason J, Mohran S, Repetti GG, Daugherty S, Koevary JW, Goldman S, Lancaster JJ. (2021) Epicardially Placed Bioengineered Cardiomyocyte Xenograft in Immune-Competent Rat Model of Heart Failure. Stem Cells International. 2021:9935679. Link.
Chinyere IR, Moukabary T, Hutchinson M, Lancaster JJ, Juneman E, Goldman S. (2020) Progression of Infarct-mediated Arrhythmogenesis in a Rodent Model of Heart Failure. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 320(1):H108-H116. Link.
Chinyere IR, Hutchinson M, Moukabary T, Koevary JW, Juneman E, Goldman S, Lancaster JJ. (2020) Modulating the Infarcted Ventricle's Refractoriness with an Epicardial Biomaterial. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 0: 1-7. Link.
Lancaster JJ, Koevary JW, Chinyere IR, Daugherty S, Fox KA, Goldman S. (2019) Surgical Cell-Based Therapy for Heart Failure: Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes in an Engineered Tissue. Vessel Plus. 3: 34. Link.
Chinyere IR, Hutchinson M, Moukabary T, Lancaster JJ, Goldman S, Juneman E. (2019) Monophasic Action Potential Amplitude for Substrate Mapping. American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 317(4): H667-H673. Link.
Lancaster JJ, Juneman E, Sanchez P, Weigand K, Moukabary T, LaHood N, Pandey A, Chinyere IR, Stansifer M, Daughtery S, Bahl JJ, S Goldman. (2019) Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived Cardiomyocyte Patch in Rats with Heart Failure. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 108(4): 1169-1177. Link.
Chinyere IR, Ramos KS. (2018) Physician-Scientists: Medical Gladiators in the Arenas of Medicine and Science. Academic Medicine. 93(7):961. Link.
Lancaster JJ, Koevary JW, Chinyere IR, Goldman S. (2018) The Promise of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived-Cardiomyocytes to Treat Heart Failure. Circulation: Heart Failure. 11:e005425. Link.
Chinyere IR, Moukabary T, Goldman S, Juneman E. (2017) Electrical and Mechanical Alternans during Ventricular Tachycardia with Moderate Chronic Heart Failure. Journal of Electrocardiology. 51(1): 33-37. Link.
Chu M, Novak SM, Cover C, Wang AA, Chinyere IR, Juneman EB, Zarnescu DC, Wong PK, Gregorio CC. (2017) Increased Cardiac Arrhythmogenesis Associated with Gap Junction Remodeling with Upregulation of RNA Binding Protein FXR1. Circulation. 137(6): 605-618. Link.
Weigand K, Witte R, Moukabary T, Chinyere IR, Lancaster JJ, Pierce M, Goldman S, Juneman E. (2016) In vivo Electrophysiological Study of Induced VT in Intact Rat Model of Chronic Ischemic Heart Failure. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 64(6): 1393-1399. Link.